Our ergonomics training for engineers is designed to ensure your engineering team can apply the art of human-centered design during the design/redesign process.
Applying ergonomics principles at the early stage of design can promote a ‘Right first-time approach’ improving overall productivity and saving expensive re-engineering time.
The course is held at your premises over two days to ensure the practical part of the course is based on your engineer’s day-to-day tasks.
Ergonomics training for engineer’s course content
Our chartered ergonomist will supply a two-day course that covers:
- Background to ergonomics
- Anatomy and physiology in relation to design.
- Anthropometry and design.
- Ergonomics European and International standards.
- Field research methods/body mapping.
- Digital Human Modelling ergonomics
- Fitting trial process.
- Ergonomics risk assessment tools to use during fitting trials
-Rapid Upper Limb Assessment
-Rapid Entire Body Assessment
- Data collection process during the fitting trial.
- Report creation
- Identify ergonomics issues/problems.
- Provide input into discussions regarding the change to designs within the workplace.
- Understand the causes of MSDs in the workplace.
- Improve productivity.
- Improve individual and organisational well-being.
- Make informed business decisions relating to the design of your workspace.
- Understand which ergonomics tools to use for different tasks.
- Understand which British (BS) European (EN) & International (ISO) standards are applicable to your business.
A chartered ergonomist will be in touch to discuss your requirements.