Two-day ergonomics champion (CIEHF) accredited course. Online Training Options Available
Our two-day, Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors (CIEHF) accredited course is designed to train your employees in the process of completing an ergonomics task assessment.
Your delegates will come away from the course with an understanding of how to improve the health, safety, well-being and productivity of your workforce by learning how to use ergonomics-based risk assessment tools and methods.
On completion of the course, all delegates will receive a certificate from the CIEHF confirming course attendance.
All training is completed by our qualified Chartered Ergonomists to ensure the highest possible level of service. The course covers tasks that involve repetitive movements/actions, awkward postures, manual handling (including pushing and pulling) such as:
- Manufacturing lines
- Production lines
- Complex processes
- Repetitive upper limb tasks
- Manual handling tasks
Delegates are trained in the scientific methods of collecting qualitative data in the workplace alongside the use of ergonomics based tools such as (but not limited to) Rapid Entire Body Assessment (REBA), Rapid Upper Limb Assessment (RULA), Assessment of Repetitive Tasks (ART), Manual Handling Assessment Chart (MAC), Risk Assessment of Pushing and Pulling (RAPP) and the Muscle Fatigue Assessment Tool.
This course will help you to:
- Identify ergonomics issues/problems.
- Provide input into discussions regarding the change to designs within the workplace.
- Understand the causes of MSDs in the workplace.
- Improve productivity.
- Improve individual and organisational well-being.
- Make informed business decisions relating to the design of your workspace.
- Understand which ergonomics tools to use for different tasks.
- Understand which British (BS) European (EN) & International (ISO) standards are applicable to your business.
What you’ll learn on our two-day ergonomics champion course
For a detailed course content summary please contact us.
Your organisation will be supplied with a contemporary understanding of how the science of ergonomics impacts on the workplace.
- Provide delegates with the skills to utilise ergonomic risk assessment tools within your business.
- Enable delegates to generate solutions to workplace issues on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure you have the knowledge to make practical recommendations for the procurement of new equipment and designs for your workplace.
- Ensure delegates have a detailed understanding of applied anatomy and physiology, anthropometrics, field research methods and the costs of poor ergonomics.
- Provide an understanding of relevant BS, EN & ISO standards.
- Cover acoustics, thermal and lighting.
- The relevant law in relation to manual handling
- Psychology of creating change within an organisation.
Contact us for a detailed proposal and course content.
Who should attend?
Anyone who has an interest or responsibility to apply Ergonomics at the early stages of a design or in reducing the risk of human error/musculoskeletal disorders in a current design.
No prior ergonomics knowledge is required for this course. Past attendees include health and safety team members, engineers, and occupational health advisors for example.
4 reasons why you should choose us
- Chartered Ergonomist & Human Factors Specialists.
- Registered Consultancy with the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics & Human Factors (CIEHF)
- Experience across multiple organisations and sectors including finance, health care and manufacturing.
- Experts in applying ergonomics & Human Factors to improve the wellbeing and productivity of your staff.
Some of our clients
A chartered ergonomist will be in touch to discuss your requirements.